Staples Data Science Automation and Robotics Co-op in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
We are searching for you: fresh talent with new ideas, innovation, passion and drive to bring to Staples. We have student and graduate opportunities where you’ll help businesses of all sizes to be more successful and productive, while building a career fueled by purpose, people and triumph. Whether you are looking for a summer internship, co-op or an entry-level role, we’ll help you develop the technical and soft skills you need to thrive in the future.
What you’ll be doing:
The Data Scientist Co-Op (Robotics and Automation) is responsible for applying analytical methods to improve decision-making across the Staples’ Supply Chain
Using mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization, the individual will play an important role in the tactical execution of optimal or near-optimal solutions to complex decision-making problems
These problems will come from all parts of the Staples’ Supply Chain and will include challenges like:
· Developing algorithms that optimize Staples’ order fulfillment system while achieving or exceeding service-level targets
· Ability to provide technical expertise in software design, construction, and deployment.
· Develop fulfilment solutions for Supply Chain Automation and Robotics with internal and vendor resources to support operations
· Perform on-site commissioning support
What you bring to the table:
· Ability to apply analytical methods to solve complex, data-driven business problems that will ultimately have a direct impact on the Staple’s bottom-line
· Ability to communicate results to management as needed
· Ability to research, design, and implement data models and innovative algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to realize actionable results
· Ability to directly or indirectly supporting all functional areas within the Staples’ Supply Chain
· MS in Analytical field (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other fields with focus on analytical work)
· BS in Analytical field (Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or other fields with focus on analytical work) with 3 years of industry experience
· Experience with data mining, mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization tools, including linear programming, integer programming, mixed integer programming, Markov decision processes, and multivariate analysis
· Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with both technical and nontechnical customers
· Demonstrated analytical thinking & strategic problem - solving capabilities
· Programming Skills developing applications in Python or Java
· Knowledge and experience using major Python frameworks such as Flask, Pandas, TensorFlow and NumPy.
· Experience working with various RDBMS (e.g.: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Azure Cosmos DB, DynamoDB, Redshift, Teradata, Oracle, Snowflake)
· Experience working with data visualization and BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, MicroStrategy & QlikView
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.