Staples Project Manager, Customs in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples is looking for a talented and energetic candidate with a passion for trade compliance. The Project Manager, Customs plays an integral role in the implementation Staples Brands Group trade policies and procedures. You will be involved with import product from time of SKU creation to delivery at the warehouse. This includes classifications, regulatory checks, Customs entry, and executing the CTPAT program. You must have extensive knowledge of Government regulations to make compliant business decisions in a fast-paced environment. This position has substantial involvement with cross functional areas such as Product Development, Sourcing, Operations, Legal and Transportation along with direct involvement with Government agencies.
• Oversee import operations to maintain timely and accurate Customs entry. Monitor shipping documentation, key EDI messages and ISF filings. Monitor and resolve Customs and other Government agency exams. Direct filing of post entry amendments as needed.
• Responsible for determining Customs classifications and regulatory requirements (licenses, certificates, etc.) Conduct pre-class and/or product line reviews with Product Development and Sourcing teams. Write and submit binding rulings to CBP.
• Provide technical expertise and training to Staples associates on trade compliance matters. Monitor and communicate trade compliance updates/ changes and develop recommendations for business decisions.
• Oversee execution of CTPAT security program including scheduling factory audits, developing corrective action plans and maintenance of Security Profile. Engage cross functional areas within Staples as well as external business partners to provide appropriate training on supply chain security.
• Monitor ACH Period Monthly Statement for timely and accurate payment of duties and taxes to CBP.
• Analyze Customs broker KPI’s and ACE import data to support and enable corporate goals of on-time Customs clearance and trade compliance metrics.
• Maintain continuous training to keep current with changing trade compliance policies. This may include attending seminars and conferences.
• Bachelor's Degree
• U.S. Customs Brokers License
• 4 to 6 years of experience in trade compliance
• Strong knowledge of Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs regulations and entry process, and CTPAT security program
• Professional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to make compliant business decisions in a fast-paced environment
• Analytical, problem-solving skills, good attention to detail
• Proficient in Excel
Staples Inc. is a market-leading provider of products and services for the workplace enabling better work solutions that deliver industry-leading products, services and expertise across office supplies, facilities, breakroom, furniture, technology, promotional products, and print and marketing services. We support businesses of all sizes from solopreneurs to the Fortune 100 and everything in between providing exceptional quality and value across multiple channels, including direct sales, ecommerce, mobile, and retail.
Staples is a private company backed by Sycamore Partners composed of 3 standalone companies totaling $17B in revenue including: Staples North American Delivery, Staples Retail, and Staples Canada.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.