Staples Retail Merchandising & Inventory Supervisor in Hackettstown, New Jersey
Staples Connect is focused on our customer and our community, while empowering you to learn, grow and deliver. As a Retail Merchandising & Inventory Supervisor , you will be collaborative and inclusive in helping our customers while being part of a fun, team-oriented retail culture. Your passion for Sales Floor Merchandising and Signage Standards, Inventory Management, Back-Room Operations, and Customer Service will show through your leadership and throughout the store.
Get great perks.
• Flexible full-time hours/shifts, weekly pay and generous paid time off; hiring immediately
• Compensation based on qualifications and experience
• Full medical benefits package, 401(k) with company match, and many more benefits
• Associate store discount and more perks (discounts on mobile plans and other retailers, etc.)
Schedule an interview immediately.
• Within an hour of applying, engage in a brief conversation via text or e-mail to schedule an interview. We’ll let you know if you’re not eligible. In- person interviews are at the store location
Play an active role in helping your store, your people and your customer win.
• Process accurate and efficient inventory controls: Zero Balance, Return to Vendor, Return to Warehouse, Cross Channel Returns, Reserve online pick up in store
• Execute all product activities including truck unloading, sorting, stocking, and maintaining stock levels
• Execute Weekly Planograms and seasonal promo merchandising changeover
• Deliver exceptional customer service
• Understand and utilize basic selling skills to properly engage and present solutions to our customers
• Provide an inviting environment for the customers by maintaining a neat and clean store
• Perform front end responsibilities such as cashier, returns, and online reservations
• Provide store leadership when scheduled as the “Manager on Duty”
• Be flexible to perform other duties as assigned
Essential skills and experience:
• Able to work a flexible schedule (including nights and weekends)
• Has a clear understanding of merchandising and retail operations
• Experience leading and coaching a team and/or supervising others
• Must be able to engage and speak to customers and understand their needs
• Ability to handle many priorities and to multi task effectively with limited or no supervision
• Ability to lift, push or pull materials in the 100 pound range, climb ladders, stand and walk continuously
• Staples does not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position
• Preferred but not required: key holder experience within a retail environment
Click to learn more about the employee benefits, programs and perks offered at Staples. (https://recruit.smashfly.com/SmashFlyMedia/Docs/17604/17604_20380_PR23016_BOS_CWW_RTL_FLD_CROS_HR_Benefits_Promo_Flyer_r1%20(2).pdf)
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.